Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blood angels - Land Speeder Typhoon

This Land Speeder is meant to be included in a 1000 pts Blood Angel's army. I plan to start with a kind of  DOA with light vehicles and bikes.


At first I had planned to airbrush the whole model from start to finish but I first need a spray booth.
I tried to airbrush inside but it's way too messy... I need to keep the room clean.
I then tried to airbrush outside but I got a really grainy surface and the wind made it very difficult to actually hit the intended place on the model.

So, in the end, I used spray cans outside, on a not so windy day.

The result below hasn't received any weathering yet. I'm new to weathering so I'm still training on stray pieces of plastic. Once I'm satisfied, I guess I'll weather a bunch of figures all at once.







I didn't glue all the pieces together in an attempt at keeping painting simple and easy.
The main color of the vehicle is a mix of Chaos Black spray from GW, Dull Red from Tamiya and a Carmin red Idea spray.

In the meantime, I tried Humbrol spray cans and they win hands up. I don't think I'll ever use anything else.
Tamiya is sweet but it's damn expensive.


Below, pics of the process


With the actual painting, I wanted to work as clean as possible and overal, preserve the red to black gradiant on the model. I mainly highlighted flat surfaces and inked the opposite recesses as if the light was coming from the right / front of the model.

I drybrushed the metallic surfaces instead of painting them with metalic paint and inking them afterward. The reason was to, again, preserve the "clair-obscur".



As a side note, Monstrous Creature sighted in the work area, again.
 This type of MC is well known of my fearless BA who have no choice but leap off the board when its ferocious paws hit them.

Monstrous creature on a GW tile.



No comments:

Post a Comment