Friday, July 20, 2012

Star Phantom - Test model

The Star Phantoms are a Loyalist Space Marine Chapter of the 23rd Founding created in the early 38th Millennium from an unknown origin. They took part in the final days of the Badab War and the final assault upon the Astral Claws' homeworld of Badab Primaris, helping bring the war to a successful conclusion. 

exerpt from Warhammer 40k Wiki (and tehrefore Forgeworld Books)

The Star Phantom is one of those chapters who doesn't draw masses.  Out of the Badad War, they are most probably the least played army.

True that the Forgeworld book doesn't gift them so much but the looks... That paint scheme is awesome and what Forgeworld did with the illustration is simply WOW.

Now that 6th edition is out in the wild and that it becomes more than clear that allies will do it all, I cannot hold back anymore: I need to start a Star Phantom force to ally with my Blood Angels.
They will complement the Blood Angels nicely in my opinion and their paint scheme is something that I've wanted to give a try to for a long while now.











6 comments:

  1. Looking good! I am going to be starting a Star Phantom force myself and will follow your progress :)

    You can also do up some decals for them from the B&C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!Thank you!

    I hope I can follow your progress as well. It might be a while before I actually start my own Star Phantom army...

    It will mostly be an opportunity to paint a color scheme that I like and be able to field the units I can't field with my Blood Angels.
    Land Speeder Storm or Storm talon for example.

    And yeah, I need some decals. I might post what I have done so far (.eps file)

    What is B&C?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bolter and Chainsword, a popular space marine forum.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. The link to the vector files is in the comment section of this post: http://imaginem-mortis.blogspot.be/2012/09/40k-star-phantom-icons-decals.html

      Delete
  4. What is the paint recipe you used mate?

    ReplyDelete