Tuesday, September 11, 2012

40k - Star Phantom Icons / decals

Hello there,

It's been a while.

Between holidays, procrastination and a real lack of time, I've been neglecting my newborn blog.
It's not that I do not paint or even take pictures or doesn't have anything to say. It's just... I don't know. I'm not used to the process I guess.

Recently I've been thinking about starting a Star Phantom army, along with expending my Blood Angels and also starting a Dark Eldar army to pair up with my old Eldar force.
Fortunately, Wayland seems to be waiting for stock to no end so I had the time to get two copies of Dark Vengeance and a Stormraven before the Dark Eldar hit the place.

Anyway, here is a preview of the eps file I did for Star Phantom Decals. Anyone interested, just say so in the comments section and I'll send you the file.

I do not own Games Workshop or Forgeworld , please don't sue me. I'm only trying to share a little bit of my hobby with others. If the use of those icons is problematic, just tell me. I'll take them off.

7 comments:

  1. I would actually be interested in a copy of this file. Is it still available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Ian, it is.
    I might try and upload it somewhere when I get back home tonight.
    Check the comments in a couple hours or so.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are the links:

    Same as shown here but eps:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B92SA4rKCPfFSkR3eDItTWVQQTg/edit

    Full sheet of decals with assault, Dev, .. icons
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B92SA4rKCPfFTEFIMGNNbXk5RjQ/edit

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic. I just started a Star Phantoms force, and this will really make the difference. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're welcome. What is your army list? Is there a place where I could follow your progress?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately, I'm just starting out and don't have a real list. I've got the Librarian and Tactical Squad from Dark Vengeance that I'm converting into regular Marines, and a box of scouts to accompany them. This is my third army (though my first Imperial one) so I've been moving rather slowly!

    I don't really have any place at the moment to display my progress. I've thought about starting up a blog, but haven't gotten around to it. If I do, I'll be sure to let you know. In the meantime, if you're really interested, I could email you some pictures of what little I have so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Open a Flickr account and link your pictures with the Games Workshop Group. It is really a simple yet very effective way to show your work.

    I'll be sure to follow your progress.
    Few people decide to start a Star Phantom army. The color scheme is awesome but they lack any good chapter specific rules.

    I mean, Devastator squad as Elite choices? C'mon...

    ReplyDelete